Hong Kong's West Kowloon Nursery Park saw the return of Road to Ultra this past Saturday and we were lucky enough to snag a booth at the coveted event as the official media partner. Shoutout to our inside connect at RTU HK for making it all possible!
As you can see, we fully tricked out our booth and expanded our services this year - there was no way you could've missed us. I guess it worked, because we got to meet so many of you guys who came by to say hi! :) We loved PLUR-ing with new Soulmates, especially since this years' festival attendees were so enthusiastic. And just in case you missed out (tsk tsk), here's what went down at our Electric Soul booth; Soulmates received customized kandi and chose from a selection of ES swag to take home with them, relaxed on our lounge chairs and chilled out under the much needed shade of our umbrellas. In addition to all this, we were happy to help festival attendees apply our flash tattoos and glitters to touch up their already perfect outfits.
With the likes of Kygo, Hardwell and Zedd headlining the night, festival attendees were undeniably in for a treat. However, our personal fave was definitely Rezz, a supporting artist who showcased her immense talent with a psychedelic set that featured a sci-fi vibe to it.
With all the festivities going on, it's understandable as to why many attendees (ourselves included!) neglected to maintain a healthy level of hydration. Staying hydrated is crucial at a music festival since you're dancing/screaming/head-banging all day long! With a high of 35 degrees celsius and the sun beating down all day long, water and shade was everyone's festie bestie for the day. As such, we feel like we should end this post with a few tips on how you can keep yourself safe from dehydration at festivals (Especially in Asia! This heat is no joke people)
- Locate a water station ASAP! Festivals usually offer free water in different areas of the festival grounds, so find it and fill 'er up
- Find some shade ~ Nice and shady spots usually fill up pretty quickly at the start so be sure to snag an area for your crew early
- Pick a friend to be your water buddy for the day! Remind each other to constantly drink water to rehydrate throughout the day
- Balance your energy expenditure with some sugar ~ Drink some OJ to prolong your energy while giving you some much needed vitamins
- Just rest! No one is double dog daring you to push yourself to the limit so if you're tired, hang back and chill for a bit before you hop back into that mosh pit
Stay safe Soulmates, I know we all get carried away sometimes, especially at a lit music festival, but keep in mind that it's important to be aware of your own health and safety at all times. We want to keep seeing your happy, healthy faces at all of our upcoming events! <3 Speaking of which, be sure to keep an eye out for our upcoming Creamfields HK ticket giveaway contest that's fast approaching!